The College of Natural Resources is currently conducting the training of trainers (TOT) on Business Planning and Financial Management for the field staff of Ministry of Agriculture and Forest (MoAF). The training is one of the series of in country training programs of EU TCP project under the MoAF. The TOT will review and train the participant on important principles of adult education and participatory training methods with the goal to improve participants’ training and facilitation skills focused on Business Planning and Financial Management. This TOT will help to prepare trainers to plan, implement, and facilitate Business Planning and Financial Management trainings, especially those interested to take up agricultural related businesses and commercial activities.
Target participants are from the RDTC officials involved in the design and conduct of agricultural related production and marketing training activities.
- Improve participants’ facilitation and training skills.
- Enhance the competency in designing and delivering business planning and financial management training
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Describe components of effective training and experiences with effective training.
- Describe the principles of adult education and why they are important for trainers.
- Create a positive and productive learning environment for training adults.
- Identify the key components of planning and organizing effective training.
- prepare, design and conduct a business planning and financial management training with emphasis on: Generating a business idea, Business idea pitching, developing a business plan, Marketing plan, Financial Plan and Analysis (Costing and pricing), Operational management and Record keeping.
- Learning Outcomes
At the end of the training, the participants are expected to be able to:
- Prepare, design, organize and implement a ToT on Business Planning and Financial Management related to agriculture.
- Develop and design training courses.
- Course Content and Approach
The training will adopt a participatory training approach wherein the experiences and active participation of participants will play a significant role in making the training an interesting and effective learning session.In brief, the training topics will cover the following topics:
- Introduction to training logistics
- Adult learning principles
- Facilitation skills
- Designing and delivering training course
- Entrepreneurial skills and characteristics
- Generating and screening business ideas
- Developing business plan
- Business Financial Management