The College of Natural Resources, Royal University of Bhutan, Lobesa, Punakha, is pleased to announce the admission for PhD in Climate Studies for July 2022 intake. There is one scholarship through the B-KIND project funded by International Development Research Centre (IDRC), Government of Canada for Bhutanese nationals and rest three seats are for self-funding candidates.
- Applicants are eligible only if s/he has Honours or Master’s degree.
- Applicants should submit a preliminary research proposal pertaining to climate studies and for B-KIND scholarships proposal should be on the crosscutting areas of organic agriculture, holistic food systems, gender equality, wellbeing and climate change.
- If employed, candidates should provide a letter of consent from their parent organization.
- Women applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Application form to be filled and sent by e-mail with the other documents. Download the application form from this link: Application-form-for-PhD-admission
- Current CV including academic, employment (if any) and publication records.
- Motivation letter on pursuing PhD in Climate Studies (300 to 500 words).
- A research proposal covering the thematic areas specified in eligibility criteria (2) as mentioned above.
- Recommendation letters from at least two academic and/or professional referees
- Application submission DEADLINE: on or before 28 June, 2022.
- Notification to applicants (Results): 30 June, 2022.
- Enrolment: 20thJuly, 2022.
How to apply?
Complete documents may be submitted to Dr. Sonam Tashi, Dean of Research and Industrial Linkages at firstname.lastname@example.org with cc to Dr. Ugyen Thinley, Dean of Academic Affairs, at email@example.com)