The College of Natural Resources, Royal University of Bhutan, Lobesa, Punakha, in Collaboration with Tarayana Centre for Social Research and Development (TCSRD) of the Tarayana Foundation, is pleased to announce two scholarships for PhDs in Climate Studies commencing in February 2022. The scholarship is part of the B-KIND Programme (Bhutanese Knowledge for Indigenous Development) funded by the International Development Research Centre (IDRC), Government of Canada. The areas of research supported by the B-KIND scholarship include: climate change, organic agriculture, holistic food systems, gender equality and wellbeing, and sites focus on the districts of Gasa, Wangdue and Punakha.
- Applicants are eligible only if s/he has Honours or Master’s degree.
- Applicant’s to carry out research topics of the B-KIND project themes and research sites.
- Applicants should submit a preliminary research proposal pertaining to the crosscutting areas in organic agriculture, holistic food systems, gender equality, wellbeing and climate change.
- If employed, candidates should provide a letter of consent from their parent organizations.
- Women applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Application form to be filled and sent by e-mail with the other documents. Download the application form from this link: Application-form-for-PhD-admission
- Current CV including academic, employment (if any) and publication records.
- Motivation letter on pursuing PhD in Climate Studies (300 to 500 words).
- A research proposal covering the thematic areas specified in eligibility criteria (b) as mentioned above.
- Recommendation letters from at least two academic and/or professional referees
- Application submission DEADLINE: on or before 19th January, 2022.
- Notification to applicants (Results): 21st January, 2022.
- Enrolment: 24th February, 2022.
How to apply?
Complete documents may be submitted to the Programme Leader, Dr Ugyen Thinley (email@example.com) with cc to Dean of Academic Affairs, (Tgurung.firstname.lastname@example.org)